Tuesday, July 3, 2018

West On I-70 to that Colorado Stateline 🌲

It was Wednesday morning, I barely slept the night before, and was up early to hit the road to the Rockies.  I-70 Westbound for 8 hours; two stops to refuel on Starbucks and when I rolled over the state-line, I made the obligatory stop for a photo at the infamous "Welcome to Colorful Colorado" sign.  I don't care how many times I have done this, I will always stop; it's just a beautiful site to see.

Day one was a pretty chill day. I made my way through Denver before rush hour, even though the traffic there is always stop and go, over to the quaint little town of Golden. My gal Leah lives there  so of course we had to meet up for a quick bite and cocktails to catch up. I can't believe it's been a year since we last hung out!

We spent a few hours chatting before I was headed South to the Springs. It was my first time in Golden and I wish I would have had more time there.  This is seriously one of the cutest mountain towns. The views are great and it definitely has the small town feel.  I popped in and out of the local shops that line the main street.  One word; picturesque.

About an hour and a half later, I pulled into my home for the next 5 days.  Alec, who I like to call my Colorado Bestie, always has my room ready and I spend no time making myself at home.  When I arrived, I grabbed the baby and she handed me a White Russian and made me a grilled cheese.  And even though I haven't seen her since February, it felt like it was just yesterday.

I hit the sack early as tomorrow was a day I had been looking forward too. I was headed to do some adventuring on my own. A few planned and unplanned hours made the day quite eventful!  Keep an eye out for the next blog post about how my day started, ended, and what happened in between.










Here's to another Amazing Trip to Colorado!
Shona

Follow Me ↡↡
Blog IG: http://www.instagram.com/dirtroadshighheels
Personal IG: http://www.instagram.com/shonamhouston
Sign up for Blog Emails Here: http://www.thedirtroadshighheels.blogspot.com







No comments:

Post a Comment