Friday, July 13, 2018

I Gotta Go Where It's Warm 🌴

If you read my last blog post, you now know I am full of fish tacos and rum so it was time to hit up another beach to spend the afternoon soaking up the sun.  Jensen beach delivered just what I needed as I laid out my beach towel, loaded up on sunscreen, and took in the salty ocean air.  The breeze felt amazing so even though it was 90+ degrees, it didn't feel that warm and besides, you have an endless supply of salt water to cool off in.  The boats in the distance I imagined were Pirate Ships, and even though they weren't, they offered a great view. So, I'd say the Atlantic is being good to me! And yes, I changed outfits...I mean, swimsuits.

Today was the first day I experienced Jensen Beach.  The sand is soft and it offers plenty of room for those wanting to spend the day there.  The water was cooler than Bathtub Reef but refreshing, clear, and a great place to paddle board, swim, or just float.  The waves here are bit more intense but once you get past the undercurrent, it's smooth sailing.  However, they do recommend you have some sort of flotation device if you are going to venture out too far...I'd say that's not a bad idea for safety reasons.  It's a great place to visit, so pack up a cooler and an umbrella, turn on some Jimmy Buffett, and bring a mermaid attitude.

Jensen Beach is also known as Jensen Sea Turtle Beach because of three different species of sea turtles that will nest here. Designated areas are marked off to protect the species nests, so remember that as you visit.  Jensen Beach is also part of the Treasure Coast because of the many shipwrecks in the 17th century caused by shallow waters and coral reefs. It is said that treasures are still being found even today.  Anyone up for a gold hunt?









Seas the Day
Shona

Follow Me ↠
Travel IG: http://www.instagram.com/dirtroadshighheels
Personal IG: http://www.instagram.com/shonamhouston
Sign up for blog emails here: http://www.thedirtroadshighheels.blogspot.com





No comments:

Post a Comment