Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Pendleton's Country Market

Recently I was taken to Pendleton's Country Market for a little weekend adventure. This lovely little farm is just outside of Lawrence, Kansas, and is full country charm.  Fresh flowers and produce all grown on the farm makes this a top pick for me.  Just over the tracks, you can wander through fields of asparagus waiting to picked; take the short walk to get there or hop on the tractor and take a ride to hear the history of the farm and all about asparagus.  They also highly recommend taste testing...you know I was all about that!

Let the picking begin...and to be exact, we gathered up 9 lbs. of asparagus.  That's a lot in case you were wondering.  Probably the best tasting I have ever had too.  Crisp and flavorful, definitely worth the "picking".  It was the perfect Sunday. I recommend taking the drive to visit.







xoxo, 
Shona

1 comment: