Saturday, May 21, 2016

Derby KC and the Kansas City Museum

The Kentucky Derby. It has long been a dream of mine to attend the greatest two minutes in sports! This year I was lucky enough to attend a watch party at the Kansas City Museum along side the one guy who I knew would enjoy it as much as me...let the outfit planning begin.

Let's be real, it's all about the hat and usually you would want to start with the hat and build around it. But when you find the perfect dress...well, you start with the perfect dress and build around that. The hat and shoes were next. I turned to none other than the one person who I knew could help me make the perfect Derby hat. It turned out perfect too!  Bright pink, feathers, flowers, a horseshoe and even a tiny horse; his neck adorned with red roses.

Next quest, his outfit. Mint green pants is where is started and it went from there. The jacket and purple shirt were perfection and even though we found the tie and pocket square the day of...I was sweating a little bit, it was exactly what we both had in mind.  I turned to Dapper to find the perfect socks..navy blue with pink bow ties and mint julep cups.  He looked amazing.

The party was set at the Kansas City Museum. This place is gorgeous with a lush green lawn and colorful flowers, it was the perfect setting. Vineyard Vines, you may have heard of them, is a sponsor of the Derby yearly, so their infamous "whales" were seen around the grounds that day.  Did someone say Whale Hat? I may have had one slipped into my bag.  The day consisted of Mint Juleps, Food, Beer, Yard Games, Pic Wood Photos, a Beautiful Horse and Mingling...and then the Race! We met some awesome people too. The day couldn't have gone any better.






















Until the 143rd...
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment