Friday, April 29, 2016

City Market Coffee

I am always on the hunt for a good coffee house and let me tell you, Kansas City has an abundance of them!  I recently ventured to the River Market to try out City Market Coffee. The reviews were great and I loved how the owner and employees had bio's on their website telling their favorite coffee, juice, and food.  It's located right inside the River Market, perfect for a Saturday when you are shopping at the local antique stores or hitting the booming farmers market for fresh fruits, veggies, or flowers.

Not only do they have amazing coffee but their fresh pressed juices, breakfast burritos and homemade pop-tarts are to die for...you heard me, homemade pop-tarts.  We were greeted by the owner, Nikole, instantly and she was kind enough tell us a little bit about the shop. I mentioned reading her bio online as she was telling us her most favorite coffee, which of course I tried and it was spot on!

The shop has a fantastic winding staircase that leads upstairs where you can enjoy your coffee or sit in the main area which will give you a sense of how busy this place can get...I was there on a weekday and it was hopping! Their current coffee grinder which they use for roasting sits in the corner and adds to the cool atmosphere. A definite must for those who want to try a great local coffee shop! By the way, I had the Lavender Latte, Citrus Sunrise Juice, and the Breakfast Burrito!






 For those wanting to know about the outfit that day; Jeans by Paige Denim, Nude Leather Pumps by Jessica Simpson (super comfy), and Pocket Tee by 14th & Union from Nordstrom Rack. 

xoxo,
Shona

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I enjoyed meeting you. May I share this blog?
    Also, the "grinder" in the corner is our roaster. We have been roasting coffee here in KC for 20 years. It is small because we believe in small batch roasting. It's very personal and very fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course you can share!! Ahhhh, well that is cool then, I will "fix" the blog!! I loved your place and can't wait to go back!

      Delete
  2. Thank you!! So excited to venture to this place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, enjoy! I am headed down there today!!

    ReplyDelete