Wednesday, July 26, 2017

A Day At Sea

The Atlantic Ocean, International Waters, and views that I have never seen before.  While in Florida, we surprised my sister with a day trip to cruise around the Atlantic, do a bit of gambling, eat a lot of food, and enjoy top deck views as far as the eye could see.  I had never been on a cruise ship before or that far away from land surrounded by the ocean blue, but I am ready to go back!  The ship wasn't a massive one, definitely tall enough to keep me from getting to close to the edge, but rather the perfect size for a day at sea.  I really wanted to take the role of Captain, but I figured that wouldn't be allowed.  I did get a pic of him scoping out the waters with binoculars, I am guessing he was looking for icebergs.  I am so bummed I forgot to take my spyglass...

We boarded the ship and started the day by touring the four different levels it had to offer. We found the top-deck bar...of course, and then headed to eat lunch.  It was buffet-like but they served you and when I say served you, they did not skimp on food.  Pasta, fish, bacon...I am sure I had at least a pound of it, potatoes, rice, vegetables, salads, and desserts...which I had two of.  We found our way to the gambling sections of the boat and with using only the money that we received with our tickets plus a bit my Mom and Phil surprised us with, we set out to win.  And were we ever lucky...we all came off the boat ahead and took home some extra cash!

We spent the last hour or so on the top-deck, it was hot but we had some cocktails, and with the sea wind blowing across the stern, it was a perfect ending to the day.  As we watched the storm clouds roll in about the time we were getting ready to dock, we headed inside to avoid getting drenched.  A typical time for rain to hit the area, but it was a cool site seeing the storm coming towards you and many other fishing boats racing to get to harbor.

Thank you Mom and Phil for the amazing day!

















A Day at Sea is the Life for Me. 
Shona



No comments:

Post a Comment