Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sunday In The Sunshine State

On our final day in Florida, the weather was a bit dreary, so we decided to just take it easy.  After a lazy morning lounging around, we ventured out for lunch to try a new Mexican place where the margaritas may have been flowing and decided to hit up a local German bakery as we made our back to The Plantation.  Yalaha, meaning "yellow orange", Bakery was filled with homemade pastries, so many it was hard for me to decide, I wanted them all! I opted for two sugar cookies, two hazelnut cookies, and this amazing dessert called the Sinkhole.  I had already tried their almond croissant and scone, which were nothing short of delicious.  Besides, they have the cutest little patio to hang out on!  While waiting on my Mom and Sis to finish ordering, I decided to step outside.  And unbeknownst to me, they snuck out the side door, hopped in the car and preceded to drive off, waving and videoing my reaction. Hilarious, I tell you.  I was totally distracted by the little older Italian couple that had just passed by me, saying hello, and I immediately wanted to engage in conversation with them.  Instead, I ran down my ride home.  Check them out at www.yalahabakery.com.

After having a food coma from lunch and baked goods, we hung out relaxing before heading to the pool.  Even though it was cloudy and a bit rainy off and on, we made our way via golf cart to enjoy the pool and views of the Plantation and marshlands behind it...I was hoping to see some gators, but maybe next time! The pool was a tad too cool for me but I managed it for a while before we hopped into the hot-tub. And did I mention, we had the whole place to ourselves.  As it started to rain, we headed back to the house, this time I was driving the golf cart and I am definitely a better driver that my sister, although I am sure she would disagree.

That evening we prepared to head home the next day, I always hate having to pack to leave.  And after having a light dinner, we moved to the sun-room and while Phil played guitar. My sister and I joined him in singing a few tunes ranging from Baby's Got Her Bluejeans On to I Think We're Alone Now to Walking After Midnight...it was a fun way to end the night.  The man is a genius too, his guitar playing and singing skills are like none I have ever heard.

We took off early the next morning and as we made it to the airport, we sat down for breakfast and two overpriced drinks before boarding the plane.  A quick flight back to KC, an Uber ride from the airport and my sister was headed home to see her family.  I feel so lucky to have been able to travel with her, much needed sister time for sure. Happy Mother's Day Shelli, I hope you enjoyed the trip!
















Another successful trip to The Sunshine State!
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment