Tuesday, May 2, 2017

It's Not Just A Name...

It's time to confess...the name of my blog, where did it come from? I am finally deciding to fess up!

When I had the idea of starting a blog, I knew it was a chance I would be taking.  Will people like it? Will they read it? Do they even care?  I decided to make a post on Facebook, because apparently back then I thought that is where I would get the most feedback...an approval of some sort.  What I now know is that it didn't matter what anyone said, and that all that really mattered was that I was doing it for me and along the way maybe people would also enjoy it. But I am guessing that once you read this, you will be a bit surprised at how it all started and I couldn't be more thrilled about it!  I have spent the last two years really trying to commit more time to my blog and once Nursing School ends, I am on a mission to write even more!  From travel and adventures to local events; from my personal life to random thoughts I feel the need to share, it's a bit of everything.  Some of you may relate, others may not and that's OK!

The name...I was struggling with a name.  After all, I wanted it to stand out but also needed it to somewhat describe me in a short simple title.  I mentioned the hardest part was coming up with a name and so many people had suggestions.  But there was one that stood out.  Dirt Roads, High Heels. Holy sh*t...could that be more spot on? And even more important, why the hell couldn't I think of that? Thinking too hard maybe.  How could these four simple words be so perfect?  It was me...farm girl turned city but never forgetting her roots, how she was raised, and where she came from.  A girl who loves fashion, heels, and mascara, but also loves country roads, primitive camping, and farm life.

And I am already being sidetracked...let's get to the title of this blog anyway. So where did it come from? Well, there is a certain someone in my life...I like to call him my BF.  He made the suggestion on none other than that Facebook post I mentioned earlier and even though there were many options, his made the cut.  Not to get too deep, but we know each other from high school, yes that long ago, and even though we didn't hang out in the same crowd, in our town, everyone new everyone.  Life happened, time went on, and the rest, well...you get the drift. Years later, I now call this guy my BF and it just so happens he "named" my blog.  And I'm sure you have noticed, but he has been mentioned just a few times over the last year! That's life and I couldn't be more happy to say he is a part of it! I am guessing not one of you expected that...so you are welcome!



Cheers to a life full of adventure...
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment