Thursday, April 21, 2016

Kansas City Fashion Week

Kansas City Fashion Week! Really, that's all I have to say! This year was a bit different...I have always had a "date" as in a bestie going with me but this year, a man date! And this guy loves fashion about as much as I do.  Front row, VIP seats and an awesome show made this year very exciting. Friday night included some amazing designs and although I wasn't able to attend the show Saturday night, I was invited to an after-party by one of the designers.  His name, Christian Micheal, a local KC guy, who designs a line of men's wear that is runway stunning.  I was fortunate to meet Christian pre-fashion week to purchase one of his amazing ties for my date...I thought it was pretty genius and the perfect accessory.

Let the outfit planning begin, it had to be on point...let's be real...have you met me? So over coffee and many discussions on colors, we decided I needed to find my attire first.  I found the perfect Navy Blue dress with side and back cut-outs...so I asked Christian, what shoe color? I was struggling with that. Black, definitely black.  Perfect. I found a classic black pair of Calvin Klein pumps.  The tie was chosen based on the dress color and then his outfit went from there.  Typing about this still makes me so happy, because, not to brag or anything, but I had the best looking date there.  Someone who I once told, "You are the first person to challenge my wardrobe"....challenge accepted.  Did I mention, CM is working a women's line? I just died and went to heaven!

Friday night meant staying close to Union Station where Fashion Week is held, so Hotel Sorella on the Plaza it was. Modern, Bright, Cheery and the perfect place to stay overnight...they have an amazing bar and happy hour and let's not forget breakfast the next morning.  Best calamari ever.

KCFW never disappoints and this year was amazing.  I ran into a lot of people I know from other events and it was nice to mingle with local friends of the Fashion World in fantastic Kansas City! I am already looking for forward to the Fall show which will include Spring Fashion...and you can bet it'll be front row all the way!

Hotel Sorella



KCFW






 My friend and local KC blogger, Sarah. 

 The man behind the tie, Christian Micheal, at his after-party. 

Until the next show!
xoxo,
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment