Monday, April 25, 2016

This Guy and His Guitar

Music...I love it. Anywhere, anytime. And listening to this guy play guitar is probably one of my most favorite things to do.  I swear, he can play anything...he listens to an original and recreates it in the most beautiful way.  Then there is me, wishing I could play guitar or piano and most of all, sing. But I do sing, all of the time. In the car is where I like to practice mostly, I mean...don't we all?  I am learning to step out of my comfort zone because if someone handed me the mic one year ago and said ok, sing...the look on my face would have told them they were crazy.

Recently, I decided I wanted to give it a shot.  So I called the one person who I knew would and could help me out...the guitar guy, his name is Phil, aka my wonderful step-dad. I would call this guy a musical genius actually and did I mention, he and his band produced a record in his younger years. Not only can he play guitar, but then there is the piano and his voice.

The reason behind this crazy idea...well, I wanted to do something original for someone who recently came into my life and made me see myself differently, look at life differently, someone like me who believes no one should ever eat chicken off of the bone, someone who loves adventure as much as I do....and this was definitely an adventure...and match.

Ok, back to this song.  It's was an acoustic version of a song by Foo Fighters, Everlong. I don't need to explain the meaning, if you don't know already, refer to my friend "google".  A few days of practice, recording, re-recording...just my voice, a mic, this guy and his guitar.  He would tell you, this is not his typical genre of music either, and I would say he.nailed.it. Follow the youtube link below to listen.

Since then,  he has recruited me to sing with him and his guitar for residents of a local Nursing Home, different music of course, but the most rewarding experience. Stay tuned, I heard a little rumor that Phil has been approached to sing out and about in the community!





To new adventures...
xoxo
Shona



No comments:

Post a Comment