Friday, January 22, 2016

The Perfect Work Space

I have been without a desk for about 8 months...so studying or doing anything online meant the couch, coffee table, the bed, or even the kitchen counter...I kid you not! I decided with the New Year, I needed a new work space!  Nothing over-the-top fancy, just a place that is inviting, pretty, contains gold, holds my laptop, and a few other essentials!  I have always wanted a space that exudes who I am and my personality, goals, dreams, and my life.  So I created it. I had almost everything I needed, minus the desk, and in one day...it was all put together!


Here are my list of must-haves!

1. Pens, pencils, sharpies of all colors and highlighters are a must...and make sure you store them in a pretty holder too!

2. A good candle...this new Bella by Illume in Island Moonlight is a soy candle, super affordable and smells delicious.  Target, of course.

3. A coaster...whether it's for a coffee or something a little stronger, we do not wants rings on that new desk. Glam Gals KC had these cute cork coasters in their grab bags at their last event...score!

4. Scratch paper...now I don't mean an ugly pad laying around...something colorful or to your taste is what I like to see.  Better yet, make it personalized.

5. A mechanical pencil...lucky for me I just received one as a gift, inside joke...but it lays neatly on a book of postcards (also a gift) just in case I make a mistake, I can erase it.  Let's be real, it was the perfect gift so of course I want it where I can see it at all times.



6. Personalized prints...for the wall behind the desk.  My two favorites are hung eye level so I can see them while pondering what to write and to remind me of two things. One - Adventure Awaits, and I can't wait to see where it takes me. Two - a Gold Foil Print of the State of Kansas made by Jennifer at The Farm House in Excelsior Springs, MO.  Kansas will always be home no matter where I end up. Postcards by Hammerpress, a local KC company and a canvas print of a beach photo I took while in Gulf Shores...someday I will live at the beach. #goals



7. Stationary or Note cards...mine of course are adorned with anchors.  I love to send people hand written notes, it's so personal and let's be real, with technology these days, it's beginning to become a thing of the past.  I keep a small notepad to jot ideas down in and it's perfectly fine sitting out because let's be real, it's gold and black and perfect.  Oh ya, don't forget the laptop for everything else... :) This desk also has a neat little hideaway for the laptop/phone cord and came with the adapter which contains a USB as well. Ya, you guessed it, Target.



It's all about arrangement for me too. Everything has to have a place and it has to be organized.  Use your style to create a space that you love! I know my style isn't for everyone, but it can give you an idea to get started! Before I forget, that chair...made in Italy...at first I wanted to paint it, but I left the original dark green color, it works! 

Xoxo,
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment