Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year #2016

If you read my last blog post, you will relate to this one!  What got me through the year of #2015! My favorite things, people, places, life and Kansas City events!  I seriously could not have made it otherwise.  So here we go!

1. Friends, and I mean a lot of them! Each offering me something different that made me realize I can handle anything thrown my way.  Whether they were handing me a sandwich to make me eat, tucking me into bed to make sure I had sleep, offering advice, throwing one back with me, or just sitting with me in silence...the #1 life saver.





2. Family, it's a different kind of help and support. Family is there for you and it's just expected I guess.  Some were, some weren't, but those that were...their love and support didn't go unrecognized. From helping me move, to letting me live with them (thanks Mom and Phil), to letting my dog out, running errands for me, listening, just being there whenever I needed something.  Offering advice, opening ways for me to see life in a different perspective, these people were there too.





3. Vacations, just getting away is something that always helps me to cope.  I may have over did it a tad in Vegas...oops, but hey, I get a freaking pass for that one!  Colorado twice, Iowa, Lake trips and pool time...although still in KC...I imagined I was at the beach with the salt water pool, it was just what I needed.  Lots of sonic drinks during Happy Hour for sure! I am blaming Shannon for that addiction.



4. Patios, yes, it's true. Nothing better then a warm summer night, a cold beer, fire pits, and good company! I just love Coaches, Brewtop, Maloneys...and a few others! Whether it was watching the Royals...hollaaaa or just relaxing, it's one of my favorite things to do! 







5. Coffee shops or just coffee on my couch, it's one of the ways I like to start my day! It either meant long talks or just being able to stay up to study. I love a good cup of joe!


6. Vodka, yep, it's there.  Shannon and I definitely made some adjustments...we all want fewer calories, right?  Leave it to us, we know what we are doing...and already planning #summa2016 #bereadypool #summashorts





7. The ROYALS!!!!!   I am so excited for Opening Day 2016 and it all started last year with Opening Day 2015...tailgating with friends! Going to the game, watching them on the best patios in the city...there are a few that I am partial to, or just tailgating in the parking lot...I love baseball! These pics could go on for days!!!  #crowntown #countingdownthedays





8. My New Apartment, at first I was upset about having to move into a one bedroom apartment...I have a lot of stuff..I mean, clothes and shoes and apparently an addiction to kitchen glasses...but I made it my own.  Some people would love to be where I am at, so I am thankful for my place! It's all mine...well sort of!


9. Nursing School, getting accepted was one of the best things that has happened to me. New career in the works, new friends, new connections...nursing is where I was meant to be! One semester down, three to go!


10. Alone time..I have to admit, at first, I wasn't a fan. But I have learned to love just sitting in my apartment, reading a book, having that cup of coffee, catching up on some tv, working out or just doing normal household chores...all of that is ok!




So here's to #2016!  It is going to be awesome!
Xoxo,
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment