Monday, February 16, 2015

Wasabi ~ Prairie Fire

Sushi, a new found love. Thanks to friends, one in particular, that pushed me into trying it more than once!!  I never, ever thought I would be a sushi eater...don't get me wrong, I can't do all of the "very raw" rolls, but there are a few that I love!  Recently I tried out a new Kansas City sushi place called Wasabi. It is located in the new Prairie Fire district in Overland Park.  I must say, I was impressed.  Many options of sushi, great app's and good drink specials too! 

First, let's talk about the Happy Hour Special, which we just so happen to partake in!  Decided to order wine; Little Black Dress Moscato...let's be real, the name was the selling point!  It was on special for $6, and the glass was full, definitely worth it! It was amazing!! For an appetizer, we ordered none other than Edamame, a generous portion too. Enough for two people to share.  Highly recommend!  Most of the sushi specials were BOGO roll free, BONUS!!  Now to decide what two flavors to try!  So many choices to choose from on the menu, but we narrowed it down to two!

We decided on the the Washington Ave. ~ a California Roll, Mixed Crab, and Wasabi Mayo...ah-mazing!!  Our second pick was the Rasta...a bit out of my comfort zone but delicious!  The Rasta is Smoked Salmon, Mango, Jalapeno, and Avocado.  The taste of the smoked salmon was very good, a hint of spicy, but not too much! But come on, can you have too much spice? 

So my rating for Wasabi, an A!  I would go again for sure and if you love Sushi, give it a try!  By the way, Happy Hour is daily!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment