Wednesday, August 5, 2015

9 Miles of Colorado Air

Colorado, the one place on earth I would never turn down to visit. I.Love.It.There!  I recently visited in June, twice actually, but the most recent time included myself and a friend running the Slacker Half Marathon.  Did I mention the air is thin there?  It was supposed to be a 3-person relay, but we decided the two of us would be just fine! I ran the first leg, 6 miles...she ran the second, 4 miles and we both ran the last 3 miles...I thought my legs were going to fall off!  Seriously! The view was gorgeous and I mean gorgeous! So besides the need for a motorized scooter after the race, it was the most peaceful and scenic run I have ever ran! We started at the Loveland Ski area and ended in the quaint little town of Georgetown. I am definitely returning, maybe this time I will train a bit before making the run..and I plan on taking on the whole 13 miles!  Luckily I had the most amazing photographer snapping images of the race, thank you Michelle!!  After the race, we stopped by this cute little bakery and yes I got a chocolate croissant...I deserved it! 









 

 




We finished afterward by eating lunch at The Original Hard Rock Café!  Check them out next time you are in the Rockies!! 


For those of you who run, I highly recommend this race! Early sign-up is usually in January of the race year!!! 

Best running experience!  Thank you Slacker Half Marathon!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment