Sunday, March 24, 2019

I Fell in Love with You, New Mexico

Have you ever been to a place that gives you a feeling of just being connected? If you have, you now know the feeling I had on my recent adventure to New Mexico.  I booked this surprise get-a-way for the BF's birthday (thinking he would love it too)...but, since I have never actually been to the state, I was going off recommendations and Instagram posts.  And let me tell you, some people were not impressed at the locale I chose.  What I learned, they have no clue what this state has to offer.  It was absolutely amazing.

We arrived in Albuquerque early Friday morning and after grabbing our rental car which turned into a 4-wheel drive Jeep with an Eagle on the hood 🦅, we headed North, driving off the beaten path to Santa Fe.  I had plans and the first stop was the Santa Fe Plaza.  Colorful, vibrant, full of shops, art museums, history, and architecture.  We strolled along the streets enjoying the sunshine and music before deciding to grab lunch and a few local brews at the Blue Corn Cafe and Brewery.  Good beer and the best salsa I have ever had in my life, and I've had a lot of salsa.

As we ventured on, we stopped by Camel Rock Monument and took in the never ending views. Up next was Hotel Luna Mystica, and what I like to call, the place that touched my heart.  As we pulled into the bumpy-gravel-filled driveway, I felt a connection to this place.  I was so excited to share "Sundance" with him, the 1961 Airstream trailer we would be living in for the next three nights.  You can't even imagine the sunsets and views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains.  It gave you that feeling... of freedom.  The Western icon has quite the history; it's warm, cozy, and the perfect place to find peace.

















Just wait until tomorrow...
Shona 

Follow Me ↠ #kcgypsea


No comments:

Post a Comment