Thursday, August 2, 2018

Viva La Mexico 🌴

Mexico, it took me almost 38 years to get to you...but now I am already planning my next adventure back!  I'll be honest, it was never a country on my top to-visit list, but I was not disappointed.  I was a little skeptical when we booked Cancun as the city to visit, all that came to mind was "spring-break" and even though it isn't spring break season, I usually avoid those areas at any month.  But, Cancun, I loved you and all that you had to offer!

Before leaving, we booked a private car through the Cancun airport; this is a must.  It is so worth it!  They were waiting for us when we arrived and we even had time to grab a beer before heading to our hotel. Within 40 minutes, we had arrived to our home for the next 5 days.  While waiting for our room, since we arrived a bit before check-in time, they held our bags and we were off to the beach restaurant to grab a cocktail and lunch.

We decided to stay at a smaller boutique hotel, the Hotel Nyx.  It gave you the option for all-inclusive or breakfast only, but I bet you can guess which option we chose.  I liked this resort because it was smaller, the infinity pool faced the ocean, and they had plenty of beach chairs surrounded by beautiful palm trees and those little palm sunshades.  Catch me here folks, fruity drinks in hand!  Did I mention the full-service beach bar?  They made certain to keep the drinks fresh and by the time we left, we didn't even have to ask for tequila shots.  The service was great!  We chose the Superior Suite room and it was perfect.  It had ocean views, you could watch the sunrise without even getting out of bed and hear the early morning waves crashing upon the shoreline.

Day one in Mexico was off to a good start.  After lunch, we hit the beach for a little rest and salt water swimming, followed by dinner and cocktails at the pool bar followed by more cocktails in the hotel bar.  Chuy was the hotel bartender the entire time we were there and we came to know him quite well.  He made the best cold brew coffee with irish creme and did I mention the Cosmopolitans? Sol is the main beer here so we made sure to support that tradition too.











Mexico, you are doing good!
Shona

Follow Me ↠
Travel IG: http://www.instagram.com/dirtroadshighheels
Personal IG: http://www.instagram.com/shonamhouston
Sign up for blog emails here: http://www.thedirtroadshighheels.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment