Saturday, March 21, 2015

Succotash, KC Eatery!!

Succotash, the name says it all! This local Kansas City Eatery is a must for those wanting to try some amazing food.  From the extensive choice of fresh pressed juices to their famous coffee, to the appetizers, salads, and eggs entrees, Succotash has been added to my list of favorites.  Located on the corner of 26th and Holmes, its easy to get too and there is plenty of parking across the street.  I visited there mid-morning with a friend and it was the first time for both of us.  It was busy, but we were seated right away, and it took us a while to figure out what we wanted...the drinks alone took some looking over!  We both opted for coffee and fresh pressed juice for starters.  I have to warn you, the menu is extensive, I wanted to try everything!!

The lima bean hummus is a must, enough for two or three to share.  Fresh and tasty!  I ordered a 3-egg omelet which was served with fresh fruit and my girlfriend opted for the salmon salad.  It was so much food, they actually questioned us when they were delivering it to our table!

The décor is a bit retro, old café style (the bar stools reminded me of my Gma's café that she owned long ago), with interesting artwork aligning the walls.  Colorful tables and a friendly staff made our experience very enjoyable and we will definitely return!  Oh ya, they are known for Succotash, something I suppose I should have tried...and they have a cake that has layers for days!  Next time!!!

Check them out on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to learn more!!

FullSizeRender (57)
 FullSizeRender (56)
 FullSizeRender (55) FullSizeRender (54) FullSizeRender (53) FullSizeRender (51)
FullSizeRender (52)

No comments:

Post a Comment