Monday, January 29, 2018

Vitamin Sea and 56'

My recent trip to Clearwater Beach was a bit cooler than what I have experienced previously.  The water temperature was 56' but that didn't stop a few brave souls from splashing around.  I had no intention of taking a dip but rather wanted to feel the warm sand beneath my toes and get my feet wet as the waves rolled in.  A quiet stroll down the coastline, coffee in hand, with my Mom was the perfect way to spend the day.  I enjoyed the sounds of seagulls flying overhead while a few were "sunbathing"  and the shore filled with seashells and the air which smelled of salt.  The beauty of the ocean and the sound of the waves always gets to me; this is one place where I feel quite at home.

After taking in the ocean views, we made our way over to Papaya Street as it was time for lunch!  And there is one place I will always go, Pearly's Beach Eats. Their Fish Tacos are amazing and you can't go wrong with their Gnarly Nachos, big enough to share for sure!  They offer local beer and one I have come to love is the Clearwater Honey Cream by Pair O' Dice Brewing Company.  Their surfboard tables and vibrant beach colors make this place a must-stop spot to visit in Clearwater. Jimmy Buffett playing the background only added to the atmosphere.  If only Uber-Eats could deliver to Kansas City!

Before heading out, we took a quick walk down Mandalay Street popping in and out of the local beach stores before heading to our next destination.  We decided to drive the coastline which was a great way to enjoy the palm-tree lined streets and quaint sea-side towns.  It was a great sunshine-filled day.















Until the next time in paradise...🌴
Shona




No comments:

Post a Comment