Thursday, June 2, 2016

Le Sheikh by Cote Munizaga ~ Colleen Salmans Photography

Sometimes opportunities come your way when you least expect it...

I was at my last clinical day for Nursing School and I received a message from a dear friend regarding a photo shoot for Cote Munizaga by local photographer Colleen Salmans.  They needed a few models to wear her clothing line.  I thought, why not give it a shot? I sent in a few head-shots, not professional of course because well for one, I don't have any and two, I have never really given myself the title of a "model"...

Within a couple of hours they got back to me and just like that, I was one of the ones chosen for their photo shoot.  An exciting new experience and although the day of I was super nervous, the designer and photographer were two of the nicest people I have ever met.  Next up, I did some research on the designer and was amazed at her line.  Le Sheikh by Cote Munizaga is the fashion line and it's full of rich colors, unique designs, hand crafted one by one, using textiles from other continents.  One word, beautiful.

The first location was the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. This building has amazing architectural design and is one of my favorite's in Kansas City.  We shot outside and did some really unique photos in the parking garage.  The second locale, Art Alley in KC. If you have never been, google it and visit.  Brightly painted graffiti walls right in the heart of this beloved city, the perfect backdrop for this clothing line.

At the end of the photo shoot, I had done more than just take photos...I made new friends and learned a lot about them too!  Cote invited us to her presentation at the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Arts for GUILDit, where art and business fuse.  Cote is not only in fashion, but also an interior designer who was born in Chile.  She came from Israel to KC and brought the fashion with her.  An amazing designer that I have gotten the privilege to know.

Make sure to check out Colleen Salmans Photography on Facebook and IG @colleen_salmans_photography. She is an amazing person and photographer.






Cheers to opportunities...
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment